Painfully aware of animal suffering and the harm to our environment and health as a result of factory farming, we are more committed than ever to eat vegan, consume products not made of or tested on animals, and to educate and encourage others to do the same.
More and more people are turning to a plant-based, whole food diet and we are excited to be part of a
movement that can change our world and foster peace and compassion toward all living beings.
In 2017, Joy and I plan to:
- Meet in early January with Gloucester County, VA school officials to discuss the need for better nutrition and more vegetarian/vegan-friendly options in our school lunch and breakfast menus. We know that this is a first step, that we will likely encounter opposition, and that we will have to work hard in order to effect change, but we are determined. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated as we advocate for healthier nutrition in our schools.
- Continue our work with Smithfield Pig Save, attending their monthly vigils to raise awareness and bear witness to the animals headed for slaughter at the meat packing plant at Smithfield Foods.
- Support the work of Ziggy's Refuge, both financially and by volunteering as we are able. We had the privilege of volunteering there in early December, meeting Ziggy and his family, and founders Kristin Hartness and Jay Yontz, who have committed themselves to providing a loving, nurturing environment where rescued farm animals can happily live out their lives without fear of being abused or slaughtered.
- Attend more vegan festivals and Save Movement events, both locally and regionally. We hope to make a trip to Toronto sometime in 2017 to participate in a Toronto Pig Save vigil.
- Publish new blogs and information on our website, as well as on our Facebook page and Instagram account.
Doing what we can to ease the suffering of animals and to promote a whole food, plant-based diet has been one of the greatest joys we have ever known. Joy and I are thankful for the opportunity to raise awareness and fight for the well-being of all God's creatures -- human and non-human alike.
May God grant you purpose, peace, and good health in 2017!
For the animals, the planet, and you --
Copyright 2016 by Dee Dee Wike and Joy Wike. All rights reserved. www.feelingveggiegood.com